Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sterilized hallways and green Jello.

After a sleepless night filled with excruciating pain, I am now in the hospital. Still don't know what's wrong - will post information as it comes.

UPDATE - After many merry hours in the labor and delivery unit, it has been concluded that nobody knows what is wrong. All of my tests came back normal, and the pain (though still really bad) is responding well to Tylenol. They sent me home and told me to keep an eye out. Now would be a really good time to have a baby daddy that could fetch me Tylenol (we're an Ibuprofen-only household) and stroke my hair and tell me everything will be okay. It's mighty lonely over here. Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and words.

15 comments:

  1. Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit Lia -- I'm glad you went (just got your email) and I hope it's all fine. Thinking of you LOTS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary! You're in my thoughts and I hope all turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of those situations where I'd normally pull the "strong, stoic type" routine and sit in a chair with you in the hospital for a few hours to keep you company and let you know that I'm concerned and want only good things for you. Unfortunately I can't really do that with a computer. Hopefully you get the idea. I'm there with you as much as I can be. . . smuggling real food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the time you get my email, I imagine you'll have figured out that it wasn't just gas... Sorry, sweetie. Sending hugs down your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending out prayers and hoping you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the update. Do you know if they checked out your gall bladder? Good luck with the Tylenol...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! How scary. I hope you're feeling all better soon. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is something lonely about being sick without anyone else around. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the update and I too hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope it has resolved by now. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How scary! Will be thinking of you and the Seabass tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It might be too personal to say what kind of pain you had or are having, but I am an L&D RN and my professional concern came on. Since they sent you home with only Tylenol, I am guessing things are looking good for your child. Was it round ligament pain? Whatever it was, I hope you are feeling much better, and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's always scary! I'm so sorry you've had to go through it. I'm glad you are home, and I hope things go smoothly from here on out.

    ReplyDelete

Seabass Eruption Countdown