Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sterilized hallways REDUX.

Woke up this morning with a fever, chills, nausea, headache and some pretty bad random muscle pains. Called my doc, who called the hospital, who told me to come back in. My doc was kind enough to add that "Oh! It looks like that culture we did on you last week was actually positive!" I spent another 5 hours in L&D, and they redid all the tests. Armed with the NEW KNOWLEDGE of my POSITIVE CULTURE which nobody thought to call me about, or tell the hospital about when they asked for my records, they basically said, "well, that's an infection - here are some antibiotics!" This took five hours because they needed the attending to sign off on this before they could discharge me with a prescription and he was in the midst of a C-section. And they were out of pillows! And they wouldn't give me anything to eat even though I was STARVING, "just in case." I lay shivering in a hospital bed for hours and hours in awful pain. Despite it all, everybody was very nice for me, and it's good to know what's wrong and how to fix it. Thanks everybody for all of your kind words and thoughts.

ULTRASOUND TOMORROW! Can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. Doctors: Love/hate relationship. Love that they can figure out what's wrong and help through it all (and sometimes they are wonderful). Hate that everything is on THEIR time line, not ours. . .ugh! Hope those antibiotics help ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ULTRASOUND!!!! Hope the antibiotics are kickin' that bug's ass.

    (My verification word was "scaliess" - ew. Sounds like a skin bug.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God! That sounds completely awful/ridiculous; sorry about the ordeal. =(

    ReplyDelete

Seabass Eruption Countdown